Friday, July 28, 2006

Burnt...


Man, I'm burnt.
On the downside of a huge multimedia project that I'm producing for a huge women's clothing company. I drop the masters off with the client tomorrow and say goodbye to the fall 2006 line. The last week of a project like this - managing a team of creatives, sitting in meetings with the client, testing programming, supervising edit sessions, critiquing artwork - is enough to make your brain just go numb.

I balance the video/film production with my photography and I'm fortunate enough at this stage in my life to actually have achieved that balance. Time on a project going full blast segues into time off to focus on my work.

I am itching to shoot...

I haven't shot since July 9th, when I shot with Darenzia on a long planned, and fairly elaborate "Trevor Brown" inspired shoot involving rehabilitative medical hardware and various and sundry surgical accoutrements. A seven and a half hour shoot, with the A-team of Luis Santiago on hair and Martha Friedlander on MU, that yielded some amazing results. Martha was all excited that she got to do "bruises" and Luis knew that I was gonna make him go nuts with her hair and Darenzia was a fantastic sport. So amazing are the results that I haven't fully had the time to go through it all yet and lay out "the story." There are plenty of publications that would pick this up, I believe, based on Darenzia's look & reputation coupled with my style. Just gotta take the time to do it. Next week...

So, I'm shooting tomorrow with a model from State College, Pennsylvania. No agenda other than some fashiony shots, some nudes, and whatever else we come up with. It'll be nice to hear the click of the Pentax again, visit my boy Tony at the lab, and scan me some negs...

No comments: