Friday, December 10, 2010

Clowns For A Night


Bruce Davidson's retrospective (or as he called it, his "introspective") lecture tonight in SoHo was, in a word, inspirational. Chris, Marko, Sam and I all agreed.

Stunning. A truly magical evening.

During which, I was flooded with thoughts of never shooting again, crying, laughing, awe and just getting up and walking out due to it's emotional impact.

I laughed a lot (he was hilarious) but none of the others are gonna stick.

I want to shoot more. I have no desire to be a documentary photographer. Which Bruce is not - he's a true visionary. Really - a living legend. Who is apparently gonna go off in January and shoot palm trees.

I cannot wait to see that.

Thanks also to Smokey, Joe, and Victor for the drinks and the Toad Hall hospitality and the good folks at Lucky Strike that got us the coveted corner table (my favorite) on a really crowded night. We felt and ate like kings.

These are some of the many reasons I live in NYC.

I may leave at some point, but this will ALWAYS be my home.

Cover Star: my favorite Bruce Davidson photo
Headlining Band: QOTSA

James M. Graham, Website
James M. Graham, Tumblr
James M. Graham, Monograph

No comments: