Sunday, January 02, 2011

Bio


I was born in Raleigh, NC and raised Southern Baptist.

Neither "took."

Today, I live in "the city of churches," Brooklyn, but I don't attend one.

I shoot photographs instead.
I shoot portraiture, fashion, myself and naked girls.

Once upon a time, I went to school and studied film, both still and motion picture.

I worked on the camera crew on a Guns 'n' Roses video once. Seriously.

I was recently published in Taschen's "The New Erotic Photography," which is a goofy title.

My first monograph, "Some of This is True," has been published by Luxxus Press this year. I think it's a fantastic title and I didn't think of that one either.

Regarding my work, people ask me about what's "erotic" and why "erotica" and naked girls and stuff.

I don't know the answer to that.

I think of my work as a single frame from a non-existent film with an embedded soundtrack.

2011 is going to be better than 2010.

I can already tell...

Cover Star: Moi by Sanders McNew, October 2009
Headlining Band: AFP

James M. Graham, Website
James M. Graham, Tumblr
James M. Graham, Monograph

No comments: