Tuesday, June 21, 2011

The Ass Kittens


I am wide awake. And that's what I want The Ass Kittens to be.

Wide awake. Real.

MOST of the people I know do NOT think that The Ass Kittens are a real band. Hell, I don't even know if, honestly, my guitarist and bass player think it's real.

But I do.

I want to do this.

My bass player and guitarist told me tonight that we shouldn't just record, which I want to do to make it real. They said we should rehearse, you know, be a real band. Get our chops down, and do not make a comedy record, which I do not want to do. And they were right. Correct. Sex positive, et al.

It's kinda nice when people you care about and people you want to perform with break it down for you. I do it all the time. Ask me a question. I'll always tell you the brutal truth.

So, we are gonna rehearse. On Saturday. It MIGHT suck a bunch of ass. I don't think so, but it might.

I'm not scared.

Bear with me. It might be GOOD.

Cover Star: TAK
Headlining Band: Dave Grohl & The Foo Fighters

James M. Graham, Website
James M. Graham, Tumblr
James M. Graham, Monograph