Thursday, June 30, 2011

My Friends...



...tell me STUFF.

Important stuff, revelatory stuff, stuff one should pay attention to. Or ignore. But at least I have a support system that I can dismiss. Or accept, which is the hardest thing to do, unless they are universally 'right' which I always acknowledge. Always...

I'm angry. I realized this yesterday, sprinkled with moments of love, well being and happiness. But I tend to gravitate toward the negative. I should be a stand-up comedian. I am, for all intents and purposes.

1,2,3,4...

When I'm angry, I go all - for lack of a better term - punk rock (DO NOT argue with me right now). Meaning, I just say FUCK IT, sometimes to my own detriment (nine stitches, being saved by an angel in the Dekalb Street subway stop). But I do not have a defwitch. I repeat...

DEFWITCH.

So, the world is gonna have to live with me. FOR A LONG TIME.

What makes that better? Therapy? Sure. Medication? Always-ish. Self-medication? Sometimes, but not tonight.

Here's the deal:

It's hard to explain, but, sometimes, just because I can, I hit the city...

...and I know a ship comes in every day. Because you're a fire escape.

I want a tattoo that says 'beauty" but I haven't earned it yet.

Or have I?

Cover Star: behind the scenes @ the K+R shoot
Headlining Band: Mr. Lanegan

James M. Graham, Website
James M. Graham, Tumblr
James M. Graham, Monograph

No comments: