Monday, January 16, 2012

Noise


"It's my favorite shot of you, you look so pretty, your eyes were true..."

Less than a month ago I posted a shot that one could call provocative. It took a lot of courage.

Two artists realizing a shot that was an homage to two others, not that we equate ourselves with either one of them. Respect, yes. Homage, yes. Equivalent, no.

It's a photographic statement. That's all.

I don't know if my ex-girlfriends have seen it. I don't know if my parents have seen it. No one has said anything to me about it. And I do not care. In fact, I haven't even thought about it until this morning.

It's a photograph. It's a song. Sing it. It was a moment in time, now, long gone.

Who the fuck cares? I just want the noise to stop. If I cannot do THAT, then I cannot do anything. Take that away from me and I will cease to create.

Period.

"What's real? What's true? I ain't turning my back on you..."

Cover Star: TV
Headlining Band: Lee

James M. Graham, Website
James M. Graham, Tumblr
James M. Graham, Monograph

No comments: