Friday, August 07, 2009

Dilemma


"A dilemma (Greek δί-λημμα "double proposition") is a problem offering at least two solutions or possibilities, of which none are practically acceptable; one in this position has been traditionally described as "being on the horns of a dilemma", neither horn being comfortable; or "being between a rock and a hard place", since both objects or metaphorical choices being rough."

So:

How do you take a photo of yourself as a silhouette walking?

Tripod is not the answer.

And here's the deal: the camera has to be from your POV.

A camera crane IS the answer, but when's the last time you saw that?

Exactly.

Cover Star: Kate
Headlining Band: The most recent Radiohead song. Released today. About the last living British survivor of WWI, who died last week. Think about that. I mean, that this band already wrote, recorded and mixed a song about him.

His name was Harry Patch. He was 111 years old.

www.jamesmgraham.net

2 comments:

Mockingbird Girl said...

Call me slow (with this particular thing), but I'm having an extraordinarily difficult time wrapping my head around this. How can you take a photo of yourself as a silhouette walking *and* have it be from your POV at the same time???

I can't envision it.

Maybe I just need more coffee. Or a drink instead.

xo

Model Sarah said...

Guns n Roses November Rain is the last time I saw that.