Sunday, March 14, 2010

Proof V


NYU, Summer of 1986. Somewhere on the Upper East Side across the street from Christopher Reeve's apartment. He could still walk at that point. And possibly - fly.

My first Arriflex! xoxoxo

I love several things about this photo:

- That it exists
- The big ass battery pack hanging on the bottom of the tripod
- The completely paranoid over-use of gaffer's tape
- The crooked bellows. I assume that was adjusted
- That sweet '80's digital watch
- Seeing myself at 21, ready to take over the fucking world

Cover Star: The Arriflex BL
Headlining Band: Nick again

www.jamesmgraham.net

2 comments:

Chip Willis said...

sweet!

theFstopshere said...

times have changed. my son graduated from NYU Dec. 2008 and is working on his 3rd feature shot entirely on the Canon 5D/MKII dSLR.
http://www.newhardentertainment.com/