Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Integrity


This word, this concept is lost.

Amongst people. Amongst real photographers. Those of us that do not use our craft to...

...and I'm quoting, "to get laid."

So let's just say I just bought a digital camera and for some reason that makes me think that I am a "photographer."

Let's just say.

So let's just say that I'm in a bar and some "photographer" says to me that he gets fucked all the time because he "makes women look beautiful."

Let's just say.

Does one do this thing called photography (which is not just pressing that godforsaken button) just to get laid?

Let's just say.

No.

Believe it or not.

It makes me ashamed. Ashamed of my craft. The thing that I've worked really hard at for twenty years. The thing that defines me. My work. My art. My expression.

Let's just say.

Can we show a little discipline?

Let's just say.

Cover Star: cuffs
Headlining Band: The Nat, live at The Kyhber Pass, Philly, June 1, 2005.

James M. Graham, Website
James M. Graham, Tumblr
James M. Graham, Monograph

No comments: