Saturday, October 23, 2010

Keep In Mind One Thing...



I was talking to Phil yesterday afternoon at CMJ and we discovered our mutual love of Frank Zappa. And we both agreed that perhaps the best Zappa lyric of all time is:

"MUSIC IS THE BEST." From Joe's Garage, Part III.

I've made no secret of the fact that since I AM NOT a musician, I 'make music' with my photographs. I don't know how I do it, but I do. There's some internal mental convention I've adopted that allows me to do that. Every photograph sings, and if they don't, well, you'll never see them.

These sing with the baritone of a, say, Mark Lanegan.

And that man can sing at my first gallery show and/or funeral. Mark?

Cover Star: Ms. Star
Headlining Band: Mister Lanegan. The man does LOVE a waltz...

James M. Graham, Website
James M. Graham, Tumblr
James M. Graham, Monograph

No comments: