Thursday, June 07, 2007

She Stares Into Space Like a Dead China Doll


Elliott Smith, from his masterpiece "XO" and one of the most depressing songs ever written and performed, "Waltz #2 (XO)." then and now, in retrospect...

"I'm here today and expected to stay on and on and on, I'm tired, I'm tired."

Just on the jambox right now, and really not related to anything visual except this:

Rebecca, from last night in Tito's "studio."

I used to run into Elliott a lot in the East Village. His body odor stench was hard to miss. I saw him at Brownies, Tramps, on Ave. A., on Ave B., at some restaurant on 5th Street and at Irving Plaza where he was on stage.

Like Mr. Smith, all of these places fall under the category of dead and long gone..

Sure he had a death wish, but case closed?

Really, Portland Forensic experts - he stabbed HIMSELF?

Really?

"God don't make no junk but it's plain to see he still made me"

RIP

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love me some Elliott Smith. But you knew that...

Chip Willis said...

I can tell ya what happened on Weds if you like.

or I can fogeddaboudit!