Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Rock City


Deh-twah. Say it with me...

I had an amazingly enjoyable weekend at Dirty 8.0. Normally, events of this magnitude either put me in a foul or at least an apathetic mood, but I had a blast. And I attribute that directly to the company I kept and the support and good tidings I received.

- To BT Charles, who made it all possible, above and beyond and so on and so on. I bow...
- To Chip BFAM Willis. How is it that two people so completely different can be so much alike? And born one month apart? He takes pictures of food rather than eating it...
- To Sarah. She is the shit, plain and simple. And she knows it...
- To Iris, with not a selfish bone in her body...
- To Melvin, who always makes me smile because he is always right...
- To Petr and Rose, who somehow always seem to get away…
- To The Leland Hotel, lost in time and not giving a fuck...

I was very fortunate to meet many, many folks who I've corresponded with or simply admired their work: Dan, Johnny, Lochai, Gary, Dave, Kevin, Christopher, Anthony, Candy, Frank, Kathy, Melissa, ahhhh the list - she goes on and on...

There were plenty of shenanigans (especially on Saturday night) that you can read about elsewhere, but the point isn't really that several of us behaved like 15 year olds, is it?

The point is that I don't remember having that much fun with friends in a long time.

I gotta start leaving Mr. Cranky at home...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

missing u here baby....it's damn cold....my head hurts from partying too much...and I haven't even gotten 2 the show yet. :P

dfklldoind said...

James,

You are a gentleman, world class photographer, and total class all the way. You always have a place to stay in Detroit (Toledo to be more accurate). So please accept this open invite. We are not as high class as the Leland..but we get by ;-)

Sign my book will ya?

See ya pal
BT

Chip Willis said...

If I were japanese I would say "Mr. Cranky Suk Ass!"
Mr. Happy James rock!

hehe

hellophotokitty said...

I think the Leeland will never be the same again...

Unknown said...

No more mr. cranky!!!!

Glad you enjoyed yourself babes.

|ris said...

Thanks for the kind mention :) - I truly was wonderful seeing you again!