Thursday, May 10, 2007

Evelyn


Just finished retouching her shots from November in Los Angeles

I am slow, dammit!

Retouching is actually not an appropriate term with Evelyn. It's more like correcting my mistakes - dodging and burning, bring up the background, dropping out the background. 'Cause Evelyn is essentially perfect. Look at her.

We go way back. I contacted her initially back in 2004 and we agreed to work together. She came to NYC in September of 2005 and I met her in the East Village two days before we were supposed to shoot. Then, the next day, my 93 year-old Grandmother passed away. And I had to wake up Evelyn and tell her I was leaving immediatly for NC.

Evelyn and I kept in touch, albeit 3,000 miles apart, and low and behold, I found myself in Los Angeles 13 months later.

The shots are phenomenal. She's special for me. And I cannot wait to work with her again.

Rumor has it, she's headed this way soon...

3 comments:

Chip Willis said...

Lovely!

London Andrews said...

I was shooting with Lauren last night, and we were talking about how lovely your work is - Funny that I found your blog from someone elses blog..... great stuff, James

Tanya said...

worth the wait i say. flawless!