Saturday, February 16, 2008

All Metal, All The Time...

As I get older, I find that I am more drawn to Metal. I have more tolerance for it. Less Art Fag Wino. More Metal. Don't get me wrong, I'm still an Art Fag Wino, but one who apprecites and NEEDS Metal more and more...

It speaks to me. Which is odd. Odd.

It makes sense. The Stooges are my favorite band of all time, and I LISTEN TO BLACK SABBATH regularly.

Case in point:

My favorite thing in the world right now is the Adult Swim cartoon, "Metalocalypse." To the point where I can quote certain episodes (11 minutes each) by heart. To the point where I annoy all my friends and my girlfriend with the shit until they give in like good boys and girls. To the point where I hear my friends and girlfriend quoting lines from it unprovoked. To the point where I put it on at 1am and pass out on the couch to it. To the point where I think that if Nathan, Toki, Pickles, Murderface and Skwisgaar were actually real, I'd like to have dinner with them. To the point that I actually wish they were real SO I could have dinner with them. To the point where I'm thinking about buying the soundtrack album because the stupid joke songs that are in the show are better than most of the music that is legitimately released. To the point where - oh, fuck it, I obsess over shit and this is what I'm obsessing over right now. Thanks, Mark.

I've also spent the last five hours listening to the entire Queens Of The Stone Age catalog over and over and over REALLY LOUD!

They are one of my favorite "dumb, loud, fast" bands. Like The Ramones, The Melvins, and truth be told, The Stooges.

Here's the lyrics to "Go With The Flow" Dumb as hell, but I love the photographic references, and the "I Wanna Be Your Dog" piano. And it's heavy as hell. Not Dethklok heavy, for sure, but heavy enough for a Saturday night.

"She said "I'll throw myself away,
They're just photos after all"
I can't make you hang around.
I can't wash you off my skin.
Outside the frame, is what we're leaving out
You won't remember anyway

I can go with the flow
But don't say it doesn't matter anymore
I can go with the flow
Do you believe it in your head?

It's so safe to play along
Little soldiers in a row
Falling in and out of love
With something sweet to throw away.
But I want something good to die for
To make it beautiful to live.
I want a new mistake, lose is more than hesitate.
Do you believe it in your head?

I can go with the flow
But don't say it doesn't matter anymore
I can go with the flow
Do you believe it in your head?"

Listen.

Here's a newly finished shot of a girl from Utica. She's Metal too.



REALLY METAL.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Mr. Graham,

C-c-c-c-c-c-c-c-YEAH!

Sincerely,

One of the Good Little Boys and Girls

Meagan Sample said...

"Seriously.. I do a lot of cocain."

Which one of you humps gotta cigarette for Dr Rockso?"

... which I actually said to some friends at school.

"HA-HA He makes me laughs"

"I woke up.. with a clowns hand... in my pants. That's what I did today."

"I'm freeballin."


Should I go on...? ;)



-GLBG

BLISS said...

nice...

Chip Willis said...

shes so hot...

:)

e-string said...

"Whaddya mean booze ain't food?!"


"We will make coffee metal. We will make everything metal. Blacker than the blackest black, times infinity."


"Quick, Skwisgaar, say something that doesn't have to do with guitars!"
"Um, uh, er, uh..."

Anonymous said...

Finally. James is officially bad fucking ass.