Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Yo-Yo Ma

When this city works, it really fucking works.

Long story short (and leaving out many sordid details):

I had a shoot last night with Anna, my amazing MUA and her friend The Rock 'n' Roll Florist, and trucked ALL of my camera and lighting gear over to Astoria. After the shoot the Rock 'n' Roll Florist and I went over to the bar where Anna was bartending and, well, we stayed a while.

At 2am, I chucked ALL my gear in the trunk of the cab, which I never do, and headed home to Park Slope.

As I walked up the stairs I "realized" that I wasn't carrying ALL my gear.

At that very moment I was a former photographer, at least until the insurance money kicked in...

You know as much as I threaten to "quit," at 2am last night I realized how important all of this is to me.

So this morning at 9am, I called 311. Being a good freelancer, I had the cab receipt which has the Medallion # of the car on it, and within thirty minutes "they" had located my camera case in the cab. I am currently waiting for the driver to drop it off at my place.

Big tip, my friend.

Edit: He just drove ALL my shit to my house, with his entire family in the back. Great success!

Stressful, stressful day...

...perhaps I wasn't Mussolini in a former life. I was almost convinced that I was...

Here's a water-damaged/expired film/underexposed Polaroid of the Rock 'n' Roll Florist to make everything all better.

It rained pretty hard last night...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

So no retirement this week? Noticed you bailed on MM. Quitter!

Mockingbird Girl said...

Thank GOD (or whomever) you had your receipt...

xo

Cristi said...

I don't know who it is, but I like that song...

allotttt

Tanya said...

Dude, when the shit is pouring down, remembering to being grateful for at least one thing in your life,weather it is big or small, in your case Extremely Big, it makes lifes giant pill easier to swallow.

When you said you realized you didn't have your equipment from the cab, my heart sunk! like the way it did when Lithium Picnic got all his gear stolen at the airport, but at least you had it insured, non the less.
I'm really happy for you.

Anonymous said...

yeah, man. whew!

CarlyErin O'Neil said...

holy fuck that was close!!!!! i'm a start remembering that receipt!