Saturday, August 12, 2006

Random shit that starts with “I”


- I subscribed to “W” and “Vogue” and “Vanity Fair” for a grand total of $31.50. Gotta love the Internet.

- I had a great shoot with Emily tonight. Started off a bit staid for reasons out of our control, but then we went nuts, or at least I did (thanks, Em)! Different, for both she and I, and good. Really good.

- I think that Robert Pollard & Tommy Keene’s new album “Blues and Boogie Shoes” is one of the best records of 2006.

- I am worried about getting older and losing my sight.

- I have too many books that I haven’t read. I bought another book yesterday.

- I miss my friends in North Carolina. Toby, Joey, John, Carl and Greg.

- I am way too far behind in my photo retouching and particularly in getting people that I’ve worked with the images that I’ve promised them. I’m not a bad guy or a liar, I’m just swamped!

- I need to do something about this thing on my forehead.

- I need to actually buy more food at the Park Slope Co-Op since I work there once a month and that's the whole point - it's cheap!.

- I should watch this Helmut Newton documentary I bought yesterday.

- I am worried about dying.

- I hate the world I live in. Politically and in reality beacuse of the politics.

- I love where I live. Brooklyn is and continues to be astonishing.

- I need a vacation. Just me and my girl.

-------------------------------------------------

"All photographs are accurate. None of them is the truth."
- Richard Avedon

(Photo is of Rael Cohen. She swears she was not named after the protagonist in Genesis' "The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway.")

2 comments:

Chip Willis said...

Man, I love that photo!

I'm gonna steal the random shit thing for my blog one day.

Ah, I'll forget.

Anonymous said...

ATL misses you too...