Thursday, June 05, 2008

New Dawn Fades

I shared a few drinks tonight and stepped outside.

Thanks Chris, Cari, Tammy and Tim. And those dudes that had their asses kicked at pool at Fontana's.

Joy Division's "New Dawn Fades" has been going through my head all day and is playing on repeat right this second.

It is one of the best songs ever recorded, and my favorite Joy Division song - period.

Listen.

And really, it's just a song and has nothing to do with my state of mind.

Right.



Scar. I miss her. She doesn't come to NYC enough...

"A change of speed, a change of style.
A change of scene, with no regrets,
A chance to watch, admire the distance,
Still occupied, though you forget.
Different colours, different shades,
Over each, mistakes were made.
I took the blame.
Directionless so plain to see,
A loaded gun won't set you free.
So you say.

We'll share a drink and step outside,
An angry voice and one who cried,
We give you everything and more,
The strains too much, can't take much more.
Oh, I've walked on water, run through fire,
Can't seem to feel it anymore.
It was me, waiting for me,
Hoping for something more,
Me, seeing me this time, hoping for something else."