Saturday, September 27, 2008
Random Shit, Vol. XXXII
- Can somebody explain this to me. Seriously:
"The average South Korean is three inches taller than the average North Korean, a huge gulag."
(John McCain, The 1st Presidential Debate)
- I have no desire to shoot anyone or anything right now.
- Because of a friend, I have a whole new appreciation for The Mars Volta.
- The cat suddenly doesn't like her "gourmet" food.
- I wish I would have seen The Smashing Pumpkins on the "Siamese Dream" tour. Especially the show in Seattle where they played "Geek USA" with fifty clowns dancing onstage...yep, fifty.
- Homemade blueberry muffins are really, really good. So is having someone make them FOR you...
- Having dinner with Steve and Kim tonight, which is always fun.
- The fact that Paul Newman is dead is making me unbelievably sad...
- “The trick of living is to slip on and off the planet with the least fuss you can muster. I’m not running for sainthood. I just happen to think that in life we need to be a little like the farmer, who puts back into the soil what he takes out.”