Wednesday, November 05, 2008
Random Shit, Vol. XLIV
- The Roman numeral above is "44."
- Most of the evil in the world is caused by these people: Straight Old White Men.
- The Baby Kitty wants food now. It is a good three hours before her feeding time. Will someone explain that to her? Does Dr. Doolittle read this blog?
- My Father pulled "R" despite me egging him on to "make history." My parents live in North Carolina and my Mother always pulls "D" thereby canceling my Father's (and her) vote out. When I was last home, I asked him why they even bothered going to vote at all. He said something like it was his civic duty, or something. I shook my head. I sent him an email this morning saying that I hoped he pulled "D" like most of us did. He responded that of course he didn't, but that "the American people have spoken loud and clear with a 338 to 141 electoral count. I sincerely hope they are right. We shall see." I was proud of the old man...
- The hat is dark blue fuzzy suede and I've "secured" the model to shoot it on. Stay tuned.
- About Obama: I know that all politicians are corrupt. I know that anyone who wants to be President doesn't actually deserve the job. I know that campaign promises are all bullshit. I know I'll most likely end up yelling at him in March of 2009. But dig this: we elected a black man to be our Commander in Chief. That's bad ass. I never thought I'd live long enough to see those racial barriers knocked down with a vengeance. As an artist, I care about my right to freedom of expression. As a person, I care about every human being's right to decide what they do with their bodies. I care about the economy and unnecessary loss of life. I don't believe that anyone should ever kill anyone else, under any circumstances. I care about the United States of America. And I hope that Mr. Obama will do his best to further the things that I care about. As my Father said, "We shall see." In the meantime, I sure hope the guy doesn't get assassinated...that would set us back to pre-civil rights days.
- Apartment hunting is depressing. While none of us are making any more money (thanks Mr. Bush!) the NYC real estate market does not reflect that. What the fuck am I doing here? After seeing two shit-holes today for, respectively $1600 and $1800 a month, I may have just decided to stay where I am and suck it up. I have a beautiful place, I just need to make a little more money. Gallery show anyone? We shall see.
- I kicked ass at pool last night at Toad Hall.
- All the states that went for McCain should go away. I don't know exactly what that means, but I'm thinking about it and I'll get back to you...
- The Gutter Twins tomorrow night in Williamsburg. I'm going with a friend I haven't seen in years.
- It's quiet here.
Cover Star: Barack Obama (Stolen from the Internets)
Headlining Band: Smashing Pumpkins