Monday, November 02, 2009

This One Goes Out to The One I've Left Behind


Q: William Burroughs, no stranger to vices, wrote: "Nothing is true, everything is permitted." Does that have resonance for you?

A: Absolutely, in the truest definition of what Burroughs was trying to communicate and also - with many more limitations put upon the statement, which Burroughs would argue kills it outright - how it defines not the art, but an approach to creating art. In my opinion, there should be no subject that is off limits to an artist, but we know that man-made conventions, such as religion, tend to limit what some people will tolerate. And also in the sense that I am creating something. It's not the truth. Every non-documentary photograph I take I make it up. It didn’t exist before, but now it does. Which arguably makes it the truth - or not.

- From "Some Of This Is True"
© Luxxus Press

Monday night in the universe.

Cover Star: fire
Headlining Band: Mono

No comments: