Friday, November 13, 2009

You Lying There With All The Light In Your Hair



Q: What about black and white vs. color?

A: I primarily shoot black & white film, which I find approximates how I "see." There is also a classic, timeless quality to black & white film - I love photos that aren't betrayed by any specific time period, you know they could have been taken in the 1920's or they could have been taken yesterday. I also find that by controlling contrast you can heighten a mood - much more difficult to do that in color. I do shoot color film when the idea is "color" or the end product needs to be in color, and it is also very satisfying. But it's a different tool altogether.

- From "Some Of This Is True"
© Luxxus Press

Cover Star: Ieva @ Marilyn
Headlining Band: Mr. Cave, for Lauren, missed.

No comments: