Saturday, January 27, 2007

Saturday Night in the Universe...


Shot today with Tanya, who I adore. Winding down the CHAIR series, and Tanya was resplendent in her Pepto-Bismol pink boots and self-proclaimed "hippie hair."

Spending the weekend catching up. Catching up with friends I haven't seen in a while - both in person and on the phone, catching up on shots that need to be retouched, catching up with my girl, and lastly catching up with myself.

That's really important. So that this nagging back pain goes the fuck away.

Working on the Best of 2006 list in my head. Watch the skies...

The photo is a crude Polaroid taken with my new MF Mamiya. It's the sink in the kitchen. An urn of utensils and my grandmother's ceramic dog planter.

Hey, I'm trying to figure it all out...

The title of this entry was stolen outright from dead Jack Kerouac (except he wrote, "Friday..."), who's Verve Records album with Steve Allen, "On The Beat Generation" hangs on the wall in my office to my immediate right and up a bit. Brad Smith convinced me to buy it from a great record store in Georgetown, MD, circa - uhhhh, I'm gonna say 1987, when we went up to see Mick Karn at that little club there that I've forgotten the name of as well. The album was priced at $175.00, which at the time, was the most I had paid for anything, less rent or a car. I hesitated, held it close to my chest, and waffled. Brad said, "Jamie, when's the next time you are going to see one of these?" I maxed out my credit card right then and there. And to this day, I have not seen another one...

This one goes out to Brad Smith. We need to talk more, my friend...

No comments: