Saturday, March 22, 2008

Would You Leave Me Alone, My Sweet Simone...



"Front street ain’t no place for a boy who
Likes to talk ways that boys do
Unstrung, young, dumb, comfortably numb

I am old as the star who bears you
Black as the bitch who wears you, tears you
Rips you apart and then turns it around

Come on feel me, I ain’t the only one
When it comes apart
We’re gonna have some fun, son.

Give me five minutes
With your sweetest sweetie.
If she’s fine as your missus
Then she’s fine enough for me

I’m right out the window
Of suburban street
And I ain’t slept since Monday
Jump in and ride
We got deadlines to meet
People to use
Lovers to break
Handful of pills
No life to take
River too cold
Oven too high
Bridge of one hundred and fifty foot drop

But there was a day I could say that I loved you
Oh and one evening I cut through Longview
Lifted you up and you turned it around.

Here on Front Street
All the good girls and the boys know
Down in the mine there are diamonds
Down on the street walk the lifeless

And now I know
That you’re through with me
Can I tell you, my love that honestly

Life ‘s a shame
And your hands are stained
Walk in chains
And change your name

Go where you go and forget me now
Take a minute to, that’s all you got
Chase your pain with a shot of rain
Hit with a spade or a razor blade

Come on feel me now
I ain’t the only one
When it comes apart
We’re gonna have some fun, son.

We’re gonna have some fun, son.
Young, dumb, comfortably numb
Give me five minutes
Give me five minutes with your sweetest sweetie"

The last song on the Gutter Twins' "Saturnalia."

Poignant.

Jessalyn from Thursday evening.

Hair and Makeup by the very talented Meagan Marie.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

brilliant photo James