Friday, June 26, 2009

Duchess


I had the opportunity to watch George Pitts shoot last night. My friend Sarah. In my apartment.

I had the opportunity to half-ass assist George, but more importantly to take a portrait of him all "covered in sweat," as he said.

I had the opportunity to have dinner with Geroge and talk about all sorts of shit. He is a fascinating thinker and conversationalist. It's fun to make him laugh.

He digs Scott Walker and describes his taste in things as "uncool."

Far from it.

Thanks, George.

Three versions of "Duchess" follow. One of the best songs ever written. The Scott Walker original, and two covers.

Enjoy.

Cover Star: Emily, from Boston
Headlining Bands: Scott Walker Neko Case The Gutter Twins

www.jamesmgraham.net

1 comment:

Tanya said...

He is great company, I see him again this Friday, I love the way he puts his words together, and talks, very humorous and genuine. I get to use my Bronica to shoot some portraits of him as well, very excited!
I'm sure he will be sweaty for me too ;)