Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Wish Fulfillment


"I see your wishes on the wall, and that's all right with me
I see you run to make a call, hoping that there's someone free
Your life and my life they don't touch at all, and that's no way to be
We've never seemed so far

What is real? What is true?
I ain't turning my back on you
Where you goin? Where you been?
Making wishes, watching dreams

It might be simple, it might be true, I might be overwhelmed by you
You might be empty, the way your eyes just look right through
It's such a mess now anyway, wish fulfillment every day
I don't believe you, now I can't hear a word you say

I see you shaking in the light, reading the headline news
The others they're not quite so bright, we want them to choose you
I could almost see your face tonight, singing simple rhythm 'n' blues
You'll always be a star

Shake it baby! Come on scream!
Just see your face in a magazine
Don't doubt it! Leaves me sore!
I can't stand it anymore

Its my favorite shot of you, you look so pretty your eyes were true
I'm still on your side, in spite of everything you do
Were only blood on blood on life, you paint me pictures every night
Come wish beside me, don't you know you know what's right"

Cover Star: You
Headlining Band: Da Yout

No comments: