Monday, October 08, 2007

Blueprint


I am not in a very good mood. In fact, it's been ramping up for sometime and now it's hitting it's apex.

Now.

This afternoon, I saw "Michael Clayton" the new George Clooney film with the tagline "The Truth Can Be Adjusted" and it didn't help.

Don't get me wrong, it's a fantastic film. Another in a long line of Mr. Clooney (god bless him) waving his fist in the air and saying it shouldn't be this way, it needn't be this way, the corruption must stop! And then he stops it. And man, that final scene where he, well, STOPS ALL THE CORRUPTION just makes you want to sceam and shout in celebration of THE WAY THINGS SHOULD BE.

Until you leave the theatre and you realize that it was all just a fantasy.

Just like at the end of "Good Night, and Good Luck."

And you realize...
...the world is CORRUPT AS FUCK. Otherwise films like this would not NEED to exist. No one would GET THE JOKE.

Like: The world's sidewalk that you walk down on the west side of Broadway as you leave the Union Square 14 whatever-it-is and head south, somewhere, maybe to get the subway on 8th Street, maybe keep walking to Canal, all the while feeling the CORRUPT AS FUCKNESS.

And that bummed me out. It may have been the thing that pushed me over the edge.

So I came home and put Fugazi on REALLY LOUD. Fugazi, the musical equivalent of Mr. Clooney, wrote a million songs this good. God bless them too.

And Michèle, smiling, who blessed me with a photographic sitting one day last month.

"I'm not playing with you,
I'm not playing with you,
I'm not playing with you, yeah you,
I clean forgot how to play.

But you can still come around,
In fact I invite you down,
Maybe together we can wipe that smile off your face.
'Cause what a difference, what a difference, what a difference
A little difference would make.

We'll draw a blueprint, it must be easy,
It's just a matter of knowing when to say no or yes.

Frustrating, frustrating, always waiting for the bigger axe to fall.
A patient game I can't find my way to play.

My way to play - not no way!

Never mind what's been selling,
It's what you're buying
And receiving undefiled.

Never mind!
Not no way to play!"

2 comments:

Andrea Grant said...

Yes, we do have very similar 'mood patterns'! Must be a Virgo thing. Let's hang again soon my friend.

Anonymous said...

i love the 'corrupt as fuckness' line