Friday, October 12, 2007

Savvier?


Sitting here listening to Ween's "If You Could Save Yourself (You'd Save us All)" which is as good a way as any to spend four minutes and forty seven seconds on a Friday night. My sister, who got turned-on to Ween late gave me this album, since I've never really taken them seriously, even though I used to rent office space to their then manager, Roger. But when my sister falls for stuff, she falls hard, which is a trait we have in common. I sure hope she can visit me this year. I sure do miss her...

Listen.

Anyway - it's a pretty lonely week ahead of me as my girl is off to make His Holiness look good in our Nation’s ROTTEN Capital, but I WILL MAKE IT productive. The end of the year project (for a major women's clothing manufacturer) is due next Friday and things are really winding down while I chew my limbs completely off and throw them against the wall just to hear the sound that they make when they go THWUMP out of complete and utter boredom waiting for my illustrator and video editor to - finish. Not their fault, just the nature of producing a project of this magnitude – for the eighth time. On a self-promotion note, my book went out today to a pretty godamned well-known weekly NYC magazine who already love my work. And there's more more more in the pipeline, although I LOATHE self-promotion.

But without it, you die penniless and unknown and stupid even being born. And unfulfilled and unsatisfied to boot! And really, really, irrevocably dead. Dead as hell.

And besides, I wouldn't want to miss October in NYC, which is now finally HERE, not only according to the calendar, but according to the Sleepy Hollow air that surrounds us. In this borough. Called Brooklyn.

And boy, is the living room gonna change this week, hunh?! Shit fire and save matches! The 1950's Danish Modern teak credenza shows up on Sunday and then the TRANSFORMATION begins - CDs out of sight, DVDs out of sight, ALL OF THIS SHIT MUST BE OUT OF SIGHT! Do you hear me, shit? OUT OF SIGHT!

Also the current Danish Modern chest that holds about 1600 CDs (they ARE out of sight) is moving out of the living room, down the hall a bit...

We gotta open this bitch up man...

And then, by the end of the week - the 32" Sony LCD screen on the top of the new credenza. Which is amazing since we don’t even have cable and are watching a 20” Sony that I “stole” from my former company’s office before the IRS descended like FUCKING VULTURES. Don't even get me started...

And I gotta sell a bunch of CDs, books, DVDs and a 1985 state of the art Bauer Super 8 movie camera AND the stainless steel restaurant cart that the TV currently sits on, and of course, the TV. We’re talking FIRE SALE, man, ‘cause this shit has got to be out of my SIGHT!

We gotta clean this bitch up man...

Savvier? Yes we are Kelli, yes we are.

As is my friend Angela, shown above, who I may very well be shooting with new, man-made boobies this very week...

Two Boots on the way.

1 comment:

Andrea Grant said...

I met Angela a couple of days ago - we have many friends in common. She is very nice.

xo a