Wednesday, October 31, 2007

On To Halloween


The title of this entry is from "Child's Christmas in Wales" by John Cale from "Paris 1919." One of my favorite forgotten albums of all time. Rediscovered tonight when I picked it up amongst the other two thousand odd such CDs that I am archiving.

Which means that I ordered and received these cool DJ sleeves that can contain the booklet, the CD and the backpiece. Jewel case can go bye-bye. Which it does. I've got over 720 of them in boxes right now headed for the Brooklyn street.

"Child's Christmas in Wales" is based on a short story by the Welsh poet Dylan Thomas (1914-1953), although my favorite song on the album, all melancholy, is "The Endless Plain of Fortune."

Damn, man, post The Velvet Underground, Mr. Cale was good. Scary Good.

Which seems appropriate.

Carve a Jack-O-Lantern. Dress up your little girls and boys. Revel in the tradition that is Halloween.

And don't be scared of spooks, haints, or otherworldly things. Trick o' Treat wilth reckless abandon.

The only thing to be scared of is the government!

This is Paula. In the photograph, "she" took too many drugs. Just like a bunch of people I knew.

Boo!

No comments: