Friday, April 11, 2008

In Despair or Incoherent. Nothing in Between...

I need to take Elbow off of heavy rotation.

Seriously.

But I'm bad like that, to wear some shit out. If it speaks to me, it speaks to me, and that is a good thing.

I miss my girl. Saturday will make up for all the stupid time lost as the Earth goes around and around the Sun.

The Sun...

My friend Sarah is coming to visit the weekend Elbow is launching their US tour in NYC and I've invited her and her man. I'm hoping that they want to go, as I love nothing more than turning peope on to "good music" (my definition, entirely).

Either way, I'm going - due to the two tickets I possess. My girl with me, schedules permitting.

Jessalyn and Elbow heroin lyrics.

Deal with them both...



"Your eyes are just like black spiders
Your hair and dress in ribbons, babycakes
In despair or incoherent. Nothing in between
China white, my bride tonight
Smiling on the tiles

Bring that minute back
We never get so close as when the sunward flight begins

I share it all with you
Powder blue, ohhh

Stumble through the crowds together
They're trying to ignore us, that's OK
I'm proud to be the one you hold when the shakes begin
Sallow skinned, starry eyed, blessed in our sin

Bring that minute back
We never get so close to death, makes you so alive

I share it all with you
Powder blue, ohhh

Bring that minute back
We never get so close as when the sunward flight begins

I share it all with you
Powder blue, ohhh"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous tummy tattoo. So alt-rock, I love her.

Anonymous said...

I'm down like syndrome.