Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Work

New Website will be up by Monday, totally revamped content-wise and simplified and dignified. The Portfolio section is being retitled "Work" and there will be three simple and easily up-datable areas there: "Book", "New Work" & "Personal Work."

"Book" will be my book. And change as my book changes. My book is my "Portrait" portfolio that goes out to commercial clients. "New Work" will be whatever the fuck I want it to be, like the shot below that I did of Meagan on Sunday. That's actually as new as it gets. "Personal Work" will be my "gallery" stuffs. Or pictures of my butt.

The concept being to have "Book" appeal to the commercial clients, "Personal Work" to appeal to the art clients and "New Work" to be the bridge between the two, or hell, just appeal to me...

"News" goes away, because no one gives a fuck and that's on here anyway when I chose to share it. Under "Info" will be two tabs: "Bio" and "Data." The "Bio" will be updated and simplified and "Data" will be gallery shows, publications, awards - all that crap.

And the photos, needless to say will be new-ish, with a few perennial favorites thrown in for meat and good measure...

Next week the link goes out to a growing list of photo editors and then...

...I sit and wait.



"First the mic then a half cigarette
Singing "Cathy's Clown"
That's the man that she's married to now
That's the girl that he takes around town
She appears composed, so she is, I suppose
Who can really tell?
She shows no emotion at all
Stares into space like a dead china doll
I'm never gonna know you now, but i'm gonna love you anyhow
Now she's done and they're calling someone
Such a familiar name
I'm so glad that my memories remote
'Cos I'm doing just fine hour to hour, note to note
Here it is the revenge to the tune
"You're no good,
You're no good you're no good you're no good"
Can't you tell that it's well understood
I'm never gonna know you now, but I'm gonna love you anyhow
I'm here today and expected to stay on and on and on
I'm tired
I'm tired
Looking out on the substitute scene
Still going strong
XO, Mom
It's OK, it's alright, nothing's wrong
Tell mr. man with impossible plans to just leave me alone
In the place where I make no mistakes
In the place where I have what it takes
I'm never gonna know you now, but I'm gonna love you anyhow"

From Wikipedia:

"Cathy's Clown" is a popular song, first recorded in 1960 by The Everly Brothers. Their version, which sold eight million copies, peaked at number 1 in the U.S. charts in late May and early June of 1960, and became the Everly Brothers' biggest hit singles. It was covered by country music artist Reba McEntire on her album Sweet Sixteen. This cover was also a hit, and went to number 1 on the Hot Country Songs chart in 1989. Dee Dee Ramone recorded another cover for his solo album Greatest and Latest in 2001, with his wife Barbara Zampini on bass and vocals. It can be heard in the movie "The Commitments" (1991). "Cathy's Clown" is mentioned in the song "Waltz #2 (XO)" by Elliott Smith, from the album XO. It is also mentioned in the Jon Spencer Blues Explosion song "Wait A Minute" on their Xtra-Acme USA album.

2 comments:

Mockingbird Girl said...

you kill me whenever you quote Elliott Smith. I don't know why...but you do.

Good luck on moving forward with the website and all that (change is not necessarily easy, but so needed, yes.)

Gorgeous image of the Meagan. Beautiful.

Dig, man, there goes Mack the Knife! said...

Come on!
New Site!!!!!!!!
Now.